Security Officers for BOS Security can work in a variety of Atlanta businesses. These could include Class A office buildings, banks, manufacturing facilities, apartment complexes, gated residential communities, or consulates of foreign nations.
Security Officers must enjoy and work well with the public. The security guard is the public face of our clients and our company.
What might you do on a typical day as a Security Officer?
- Supervising the lobby of a Class A office building, greeting visitors, and receiving packages.
- Manning the gate of a distribution facility, checking trucks in or out.
- Monitoring the video cameras for a large client to identify problems and dispatch other officers to respond.
- Patrolling the grounds of a gated residential community
The Security Officer is responsible for protecting the physical property, staff, and visitors to our Client’s locations. Not only is this preventing crimes, but also responding to medical emergencies or just simply guiding visitors where they need to go.
In some cases, these duties are of such importance that the Security Officer must be equipped with tasers, batons and even armed with a firearm. These items would only be used in the most extreme cases to protect the life of the Officer or bystanders.
What do I need to do to become a Security Officer in Georgia?
BOS Security is always looking for applicants with demonstrated customer service skills. BOS will provide all training and coordinate your certification. BOS always pays our Officers for training time. Also, BOS does not charge our employees for uniforms and equipment.
Officers for BOS Security must:
- Be aged 18 or older
- Pass identity and criminal record checks
- Complete BOS Security’s initial training as well as continuous ongoing training throughout your career
- Be dependable – show up to work on time and perform your duties to the best of your ability for the entire shift.
- Demonstrate the ability to work well with the public
What are the typical work hours of a Security Guard?
We have Officers on duty 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, 365 days per year including holidays. While most shifts are evenings and weekends, BOS Security has a shift at the time of day you are available to work. Security guards on duty during the day will often have lots of interaction with people while guards overnight may be alone for most of their shift.
Some guard posts involve sitting at a desk for extended periods of time while others may require near constant walking and patrolling. Some patrols are inside in well lit areas while other patrols may be outside in the dark with a flashlight on uneven ground.
Guards must always remain alert, on the lookout for anything out of the ordinary or anyone that requires assistance.
If you’re looking for a job in Atlanta and you enjoy working with the public, apply with BOS Security today at jobs.bossecurity.com.