Atlanta, GA – The Atlanta metro area suffers a high incidence of auto break ins and theft. Security guards can only provide a degree of protection and deterrence, but each citizen must help in reducing these thefts.
Most entering auto thefts are crimes of opportunity through unlocked doors and open windows. Keep these safety tips in mind to help prevent entering auto thefts.
- Remove all items out of plain view. Especially loose change, purses, wallets, checkbooks, cell phones, ipods, and other items of value including detachable cd players. We will soon be approaching the Christmas shopping season and the securing of packages while in store parking lots will be essential to protect from theft.
- Secure the trunk, hatches, and bedmounted tool boxes.
- Avoid isolated areas. Park near locations frequently used by pedestrians and at night close to well lighted areas.
- If you hear something suspicious(Shattering Glass) or someone looking into vehicles, call 911.
- While at home, use garage or secure location whenever possible and even though you are home always lock doors and roll up windows.
- Report any suspicious persons to the security guard if available, or call 911.