For some, the presence of surveillance cameras in public places is a comfort. For others, it’s the opposite – they don’t like the feeling of being watched, even if they’re not planning any shenanigans. And, of course, for criminals, surveillance cameras are the last thing they want to see.
Here’s why you should try to make peace with growing levels of surveillance.
- Visible cameras are a deterrent. Areas with cameras tend to have less crime. Intruders are less likely to attempt to get into buildings. Assaults and other crimes may be prevented if the assailant knows they will be apprehended if seen on camera.
- Crimes are more easily solved. Everyone wants criminals off the street – no one wants to see the wrong people behind bars. Video evidence can serve as alibi proof for the innocent or refute the alibi of a criminal.
- Eyewitnesses are notoriously unreliable. People tend to think of eyewitness accounts as the gold standard of evidence. That’s seldom the case.
- Cameras are always there. They don’t get distracted or bored. They’re never in the wrong place at the wrong time.
- You can feel safer. If you are walking or traveling alone, surveillance cameras can comfort you, knowing someone can call for help if you are in trouble.
- They protect the innocent. If you are unfairly accused of wrongdoing, surveillance cameras can provide video evidence you were not present or did not commit the crime or infraction.
Surveillance Cameras in Public Places are an Advantage
Cameras can be placed where they are needed most and monitored from a central location. They can help keep people and property safer and provide video evidence when required. While some wonder if surveillance cameras are an invasion of privacy, they are beneficial in most cases.
Which Businesses Benefit Most From Surveillance Cameras?
Few businesses can’t improve the quality of their security with remotely monitored surveillance cameras. BOS Security recommends VirtuGuard™ 24/7/365 remote monitoring services for businesses, including the following:
- Automotive Dealers
- Cannabis Farms
- Class A Buildings
- Christmas Tree Farms
- Construction Sites
- Gated Communities
- Hazardous Properties
- Healthcare Facilities
- Indoor Events
- Major Events
- Office Buildings
- Outdoor Events
- Parking Lots
- Parking Services
- Residential Properties
- Retail Establishments
- Trade Shows
Contact BOS Security Today
VirtuGuard™, our remote security monitoring service, can give you the security you need to keep people and property safe, only involving law enforcement when needed. If you want to know more about what VirtuGuard™ can do for you, please contact the experts at BOS Security today. We can help you develop a custom security solution to protect your people and property.